Easy Homemade Pizza Recipe with Store-Bought Dough
Are you craving a delicious homemade pizza but don’t have the time to make the dough from scratch? Don’t worry! This easy homemade pizza recipe with store-bought dough is a perfect solution for you. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can enjoy a mouthwatering pizza that tastes like it came straight from a pizzeria. So let’s dive in and learn how to make this tasty treat!
Table of Contents
To make this easy homemade pizza, you will need the following ingredients:
1. Store-bought pizza dough – You can find pre-made pizza dough in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores. Look for one that is fresh and not frozen.
2. Pizza sauce – Choose your favorite store-bought pizza sauce or make your own using canned tomatoes, garlic, and herbs.
3. Cheese – Mozzarella cheese is the classic choice for pizza, but you can also experiment with other types like cheddar or provolone.
4. Toppings – Get creative and add your favorite toppings such as pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, olives, or anything else you love on your pizza.
5. Olive oil – This will help prevent the crust from sticking to the pan and give it a golden, crispy texture.
Now that you have gathered your ingredients let’s move on to the step-by-step instructions for making this easy homemade pizza:
1. Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the pizza dough package. Typically, it is around 425°F (220°C).
2. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to your desired thickness. If the dough is too sticky, you can dust it with a little more flour.
3. Transfer the rolled-out dough onto a greased baking sheet or pizza stone. Brush the surface with olive oil to create a barrier between the sauce and the crust, preventing it from getting soggy.
4. Spread a generous amount of pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges for the crust.
5. Sprinkle your desired amount of cheese over the sauce. If you like a cheesy pizza, feel free to be generous with it!
6. Now it’s time to add your favorite toppings. Scatter them evenly over the cheese, making sure not to overload the pizza.
7. Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake according to the instructions on the pizza dough package. The baking time usually ranges from 10 to 15 minutes, but keep an eye on it to avoid burning.
8. Once the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly, remove the pizza from the oven.
9. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing, as hot cheese can be quite sticky and difficult to cut.
10. Serve your homemade pizza slices hot and enjoy!
Make It Your Own:
One of the great things about homemade pizza is that you can customize it to your liking. Here are a few ideas to make it your own:
1. Experiment with different sauces. Try barbecue sauce, pesto, or even a creamy garlic sauce instead of traditional pizza sauce.
2. Get creative with cheese combinations. Mix mozzarella with other cheeses like Parmesan, feta, or gouda for added flavor.
3. Try new toppings. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try unique toppings like artichoke hearts, prosciutto, or pineapple.
4. Add herbs and spices. Sprinkle some dried oregano, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, or garlic powder on top of the pizza for extra flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I use frozen pizza dough instead of store-bought?
Yes, you can use frozen pizza dough. Just make sure to follow the package instructions for thawing and proofing the dough before using it.
2. Can I make the pizza dough from scratch?
Absolutely! If you have the time and prefer making the dough from scratch, go ahead and do so. There are many easy homemade pizza dough recipes available online.
3. How long does it take to make this homemade pizza?
The prep time for this recipe is minimal since you’re using store-bought dough. It usually takes around 15-20 minutes to roll out the dough, add the toppings, and bake the pizza.
4. Can I store the leftover pizza?
Yes, you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to eat the leftover pizza, you can reheat it in the oven or microwave.
5. Can I freeze the pizza dough?
If you have extra store-bought pizza dough, you can freeze it for later use. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator before using.
Making pizza at home doesn’t have to be a time-consuming task. With store-bought dough, you can whip up a delicious homemade pizza in no time. Whether you’re hosting a pizza night with friends or simply craving a slice of cheesy goodness, this easy homemade pizza recipe has got you covered. So grab your favorite toppings, fire up the oven, and get ready to enjoy a homemade pizza that will rival your favorite pizzeria!