Enjoying delicious hot coffee in the morning doesn’t have to be a complicated task. The best 5 cup coffee makers with automatic shut-off will deliver this beverage quickly and conveniently. You need to find the machine that works best in your case.
In the list below, it’s possible to find a wide range of coffee makers that are simple to use and feature a compact design, suitable for small kitchens, offices, and even RVs.
Apart from this, it’s worth considering the features that the machine should have. Some of them offer programmable features or the possibility to pause the brewing process.
A Table of Our Favourite Choice
|BLACK+DECKER||Polypropylene, silicone or plastic|
|Elite Gourmet||Stainless Steel|
How To Choose The Right Automatic Shut off 5 Cup Coffee Maker
01. Paper Filter or Permanent Filter
Any coffee maker will need a filter for coffee grounds. This filter will prevent the grounds from being washed into the carafe and even prevent the bad taste of tap water from altering the taste of the brewed coffee.
Most coffee makers use cone filters, which have to be disposed of after each use of the machine.
They cannot be cleaned and, therefore, need to be replaced since they can develop mold. However, there are coffee makers that offer reusable filters made out of mesh.
This enables the user to throw away the debris and clean the filter. Some reusable filters are even dishwasher safe.
Which type of filter is better? This is entirely up to you. Some have nothing against washing the filter while enjoying the fact that they save money on filters.
Others have the opinion that coffee tastes better when using cone filters (some even use two cone filters at once) and are happy they don’t have to clean any part of the coffee maker.
You just have to figure out what works best for you.
02. Auto Shut off Feature
Do you often wonder whether you turned the coffee maker off or not? This can be a very bothersome problem since short circuits can be devastating.
An auto-shut-off feature can be of great help since you know the machine will turn itself off after a while, reducing hazards related to electricity.
The coffee makers that provide such a feature usually have a heating plate as well, which can hold the coffee warm for longer.
Remember that not all coffee makers have an auto-shut off feature, so if you want it, you’ll need to keep an eye for it.
03. The Ability To Stop The Brewing Process From Pouring a Cup of Coffee
“Grad-a-Cup” or “Pause ‘n’ Serve” are all features indicating that the brewing process can be paused so that you can take the carafe and pour yourself a hot cup of coffee.
This is a useful feature when you’re in a rush in the morning, or you simply want a quick refill.
Due to this feature, the coffee maker will stop brewing coffee for a little while, allowing the removal of the carafe without the risk of having coffee spilled all over.
This can be an interesting feature, but think if you really need it.
04. A Feature That Will Keep The Coffee Warm in The Carafe For Longer
We talked earlier about a heating plate. Some coffee makers have such a plate, which heats up when the machine is in use.
This will also heat up the carafe, keeping the temperature of the coffee warmer for longer.
Such a feature can be useful if there are multiple users or if you would like another cup of coffee a bit later.
The coffee makers that offer such a feature usually have an auto-shut off as well, for safety reasons.
05. The Possibility To Program The Coffee Maker
Most coffee makers are very simple to use. You just need to press a button to get started the process of brewing.
If you are diligent and make sure the machine has water and coffee in the evening, things get easier when you wake up in the morning.
However, things can get even better. There are programmable coffee makers that can be scheduled to start working at the desired hour.
This way, it is easy to wake up to a carafe filled with hot coffee in the morning. It is indeed one of the features that are worthy of consideration.
What is a 5 Cup With Automatic Shut-Off Coffee Maker?
If you are the kind of person that always wonders, after leaving the house, if the coffee machine was turned off, then you should consider getting a machine with an automatic shut-off feature.
Such a machine will shut off on its own, after a designated period, just in case you forgot to do so.
Just bear in mind that not all coffee makers on the market offer such a feature. It is worth checking the features of the product before buying it.
Is BLACK+DECKER 5 Cup Coffee Maker Worth Buying?
According to our research, BLACK+DECKER is the best brand for a 5-cup coffee maker.
It provides quality machines capable of brewing great-tasting coffee. So, you’ll get high-quality when selecting products from this brand.
Just pay attention to details when looking to buy a 5-cup coffee maker since the provided features may be different from one model to another.
BLACK+DECKER offers features like “Sneak-a-Cup,” a reusable filter for grounds, and a lit indicator on the on/off button when the machine is in use.
13 Best 5 Cup Coffee Maker With Automatic Shut Off
- Offers a feature that slows down the flow of coffee, so you can pour the first cup of coffee into your cup until the next cup is brewed
- Small and compact design, ideal for small kitchens, apartments, and even RVs
- It doesn’t require paper filters, as it is equipped with a permanent filter for the grounds
- The switch is lit when the coffee maker is on for an easy and safe operation
- Transparent water window that allows water level to be visible at all times
For anyone looking for an affordable and compact coffee maker, this product might be the ideal choice. It can easily fit in a small corner, on a table or desk.
It works on simple principles and delivers hot and tasty coffee. A great advantage would be the absence of paper filters.
No need to worry if forget to buy any. The permanent coffee grounds filter can be emptied and washed easily.
Another great feature is the Sneak-a-Cup feature. This feature allows the user to take a coffee mug and pour a cup of coffee by slowing down the coffee brewing process.
This way, the risk of spilling coffee is prevented, and the coffee maker still has the chance to finish its brewing process, making more coffee for others.
- With a permanent filter
- Good value for the price tag
- It is simple to use and clean
- If you like super-hot coffee, you need to wait for an extra 10-15 minutes for the machine to warm it up or do this in the microwave
- Coffeemaker with a modern design, ideal for a family
- Feature that allows the user to pause the brewing process and pour coffee into a cup
- The coffee pot makes pouring coffee easy and convenient
- Stainless steel details that enhance the design and make the product more durable
- The coffee pot is dishwasher-safe
One of the most popular brands when it comes to coffeemakers, Kreps provides a great option when it comes to compact machines.
This model features stainless steel finishes, which complement the black plastic body.
Since it can brew 5 cups of coffee at once, it is a machine suitable for a family with several members.
It also provides a feature that allows the user to pause the coffee brewing process, just enough to pour a cup of hot coffee, before resuming it.
With the help of the coffee mug, pouring coffee into a cup is easy, convenient, and drip-free. Also, the coffee mug can be safely washed in the dishwasher.
Cleaning gets even better since there are no filters to replace. The coffee maker has a fixed filter that can be cleaned after each use.
The only disadvantage of the product is that there is no auto shut-off feature. The user will have to manually turn off the coffeemaker.
- The machine is quiet when functioning
- Simple to use, the coffee maker provides great coffee
- Free of accidental spills and drops
- It doesn’t provide an auto shut-off feature
- A small and compact coffee maker, ideal for couples
- It features a permanent filter that is easy to clean
- The coffeemaker can be programmed, so it can start making coffee at the right hour in the morning
- It can keep the coffee warm for 2 hours before it turns off on its own
- It is possible to pour coffee while the machine is brewing due to a drip-stop feature
Even when space on the countertop is limited, it is still possible to enjoy a cup of good, hot coffee in the morning.
This coffee maker has a nice, small design, and it is extremely easy to use. It is capable of quickly brewing 5 cups of coffee, which can be held warm for up to 2 hours.
This is possible due to the tray of the coffeemaker that warms up when the machine is in use.
By any chance If you forget to turn it off that it will automatically shut off after 2 hours.
There’s no need to worry about turning the coffee machine off or not.
Set the desired hour, and the coffeemaker will start preparing coffee as desired, so you can have a hot cup of coffee ready as you get out of bed.
- It takes little counter space, so it’s ideal for a small kitchen
- Programming can be done easily
- The brewed coffee is hot
- The glass mug is fragile, and the white markings will wear off quickly if washed in the dishwasher multiple times
04. Mr. Coffee 2129512
- The switch of the coffee maker will be lit when the machine is in use to reduce the risk of leaving it on by accident
- Brews coffee sufficient to fill two cups of 12 oz. each
- Compact design that makes the coffeemaker suitable for small spaces
- Grab-a-Cup feature that allows to pause the brewing process and pour a cup of coffee meanwhile
Small offices and kitchens with scarce space on the countertops will appreciate a compact coffee maker like this product.
The brewed coffee will be sufficient for two people, each drinking a cup of 12 oz.
An advantage is that a user doesn’t have to wait for all the coffee to be brewed, as he or she can pause the brewing process and pour freshly made coffee into a cup.
This feature is called Grab-a-Cup, and it is convenient if you don’t want to wait for the machine to finish preparing the drink.
The only thing worthy of consideration when looking to buy this product is that filters for ground coffee need to be purchased separately. The machine doesn’t arrive equipped with a filter.
- An ergonomic mug that makes pouring coffee an easy task
- It comforts to clean and use
- Affordable modern technology
- It does not come equipped with a filter; it has to be purchased separately
05. Amazon Basics
- A small-sized coffee maker that can brew up to 5 cups of coffee at once
- Equipped with soft mesh filter for grounds that can be washed
- Anti-drip system that allows you to pour coffee without risking accidental spills
- The carafe and mesh filter should be washed by hand
Anyone looking to buy an affordable, basic coffee maker might find this product the ideal solution.
The design is simple, and so is the functioning of the machine. It can be turned on by a button and turned off in the same manner.
The coffee maker heats up the water rather fast, preparing hot coffee in a rather short amount of time.
The mesh filter for the grounds is reusable, not need replacement.
However, both the filter and the carafe of the machine should be cleaned by hand, as they are suitable to be used in a washing machine.
The carafe is also equipped with an anti-drip system, allowing the user to conveniently pour coffee into a cup without dripping coffee all over.
- Reusable filter that doesn’t need a replacement
- Fast and easy to use coffee maker
- It heats up quickly and brews coffee in no time
- Carafe and filter mesh are not safe to be used in the dishwasher and should be cleaned manually
06. BLACK+DECKER CM0700B
- The coffee maker allows the user to stop the flow of the coffee, so he or she can pour coffee without spilling coffee that is still brewed
- Slim design, the machine is small enough to fit in small kitchens and even in a corner inside an RV
- Removable and reusable filter for ground coffee available
- One-touch control allows an easy operation of the coffee maker
- The button is lit when the machine is in use to avoid forgetting to shut it off
Featuring a compact design made to help users save space, this machine is ideal for tight kitchens and offices.
It can even be placed on a desk, as long as there’s a plug nearby.
Besides offering reduced sizes, this coffee maker also gives the user the chance to enjoy hot coffee in the simplest way possible.
The machine only needs water, coffee, and a user to press its button.
Since the machine is equipped with a reusable filter, maintenance is convenient, and expenses are kept to a minimum since there’s no need to spend money on buying filters.
- A very easy to clean machine
- It brews coffee fast, and the beverage comes out hot
- It’s Comfortably useable
- The coffee maker is more suitable for one person rather than a family
07. Elite Gourmet
- A water window is available that allows you to see the water level of the coffee maker
- Good for both individual use and for small groups or families
- It provides a Pause ‘n’ Serve feature that allows the user to pause the brewing session for a quick cup of coffee
- It is equipped with a removable and reusable filter for coffee grounds
- Simple to use on/off button, with an indicator light when the machine is in function
A coffee maker with a compact design and modern lines that can easily fit in a corner or on a small table.
This product may be the ideal choice for those looking to get a fast cup of coffee in the morning.
The machine is very easy to use, has only an on/off button, and brews coffee in a rather short time.
There’s nothing complicated about it and no programming options that might complicate the process of enjoying a great-tasting cup of coffee.
To make things even more convenient, the user has the option of pausing the brewing process, grabbing the carafe, and pouring a cup of coffee.
It is a very nice option to have around when in a hurry or simply don’t wish to wait too long until it’s possible to enjoy coffee in the morning.
- Fast way to prepare good coffee
- Can be cleaned quickly
- Modern and compact design that fits any kitchen or office
- The machine should be handled with care since it may get damaged easily
08. Mr. Coffee
- A coffee maker suitable for small kitchens and rooms
- Provides a programmable feature that allows the user to wake up to freshly brewed coffee
- It features a carafe that can measure the amount of liquid and pour coffee without spills
- It is also possible to pause the brewing process to grab a cup of coffee when desired
- The filter can be removed, washed, and reused
Anyone looking for a small and compact coffee maker, this product may be a great choice. It is so small that it’s easy to grab it along when traveling.
It fits in a suitcase, and it can be the perfect companion when traveling in an RV. Besides being compact, the coffee maker gives the user the chance to choose when to have coffee ready.
Thus, waking up to smell freshly brewed coffee will become part of your morning routine. It is easy to use and clean.
As a tip, it would be advisable to run vinegar through the machine before using it for the first time.
The coffee maker might need 3 to 4 rinses with vinegar before providing top filtering properties.
This process will help clean the filter and help the machine reach its full potential.
- A small-sized machine that requires very little space
- The removable filter will remove the bad taste from tap water
- The machine can be easily programmed to brew coffee at the desired hour
- The feature that pauses the brewing process may not work that great, and hot water may end up on the table
09. Elite Gourmet
- See-through water reservoir that can hold up water for up to 5 cups
- Features glass carafe with markings for beverage measurement and spill-proof spout
- Provides a “Pause ‘n’ Serve” feature that allows the user to pour a cup of coffee by pausing the brewing process
- Reusable filter in the form of a basket that can be removed and cleaned
- Simple functioning with the help of an on/off button
This coffee maker is small, accessible, and extremely easy to use. If you’re looking for a simple machine that brews coffee and nothing else, this product may be the right match.
The unit is quite small, which makes it suitable for small spaces. However, this site may not serve a group of people that well.
This is because the carafe is rather small as well, so the 5 cups of coffee it makes may not be enough for 5 adults.
Apart from this, the coffee maker prepares good quality coffee that is hot and has a nice flavor. Plus, the use of the machine is pretty straightforward.
Just fill filter with ground coffee, make sure there’s water in the reservoir, and push the start button. Coffee will be ready in just a few minutes.
- Affordable and compact coffee maker
- Extremely simple to use
- Coffee comes out hot and full of flavor
- The coffee maker can be rather small for a group of people and be more suitable for one person
10. Holstein Housewares
- The machine comes equipped with a reusable filter and measuring spoon for ground coffee
- Compact design and bold color for an extra touch of design in the kitchen
- Provides an “auto pause and serve” a function
- The coffee maker can prepare up to 700 ml or 25 oz of coffee at once
- The carafe is made out of glass and is marked for easy measuring of the beverage
Most coffee makers are black, so this machine provides a nice splash of color in any kitchen.
So, if you’re looking for new & unique, this product from Holstein comes in a variety of colors.
It is an affordable product that is extremely easy to use. Fill it with ground coffee and water in the evening and in the morning.
After waking up, just push the power button. The carafe will fill with hot coffee in a matter of minutes.
Besides a glass carafe, the machine also comes with a spoon for measuring coffee.
It also provides a pause-and-serve function if you want to enjoy a cup of coffee before the brewing is completed.
Still, there are some cases in which coffee may get spilled this way.
- Affordable and easy to use
- Regular cone-shaped filters can also be used with the machine
- Coffee is prepared at the push of a button
- The pause and serve function may not work that well and hot coffee may end up spilled
11. Gevi 4-Cup
- A 4-cup coffee maker that can prepare up to 600 ml of coffee
- Simple brewing process available at the touch of a button
- The compact design makes the product suitable for small kitchen spaces
- It features a warming plate that keeps the coffee warm for 2 hours, automatically shutting down afterward
- The filter, brew basket, and carafe are safe to be used in a dishwasher
In case you’re looking for a coffee maker with an auto-shut off feature, this product could answer your needs.
The machine is equipped with a warming plate, capable of keeping the prepared coffee warm for up to 2 hours.
After this, it will turn off automatically, on its own. To start the machine, the user just needs to press a button.
If there is sufficient water in the reservoir and coffee in the filter, fresh coffee will start pouring into the carafe.
It is worth mentioning that ordinary cone filters can also be used with the coffee maker if you don’t want to use the removable mesh filter that comes with the product.
- No worries with the automatic shut off feature
- A glass carafe makes coffee pouring precise
- Affordable and convenient
- The coffee may not come out as flavored and strong as some may like
12. Bonavita With Thermal Carafe
- Powerful coffee maker capable of heating water up to 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit (91-96 degrees Celsius)
- Pre-infusion mode is available optionally for freshly ground coffee
- All plastic parts are BPA-free, and all accessories can be cleaned in a dishwasher
- The design of the showerhead ensures an ideal extraction of flavor
- Easy one-button operation and auto-shut off feature available
Water heated at just the right temperature is the secret to obtaining a cup of coffee that tastes right.
This coffee maker from Bonavita does this by bringing the water in its reservoir to the ideal temperature for brewing coffee.
The result is coffee that tastes exceptional, considering that we are talking about an accessible coffee machine.
Another great advantage is that the parts of the machine that get the dirtiest are dishwasher safe.
So, it is possible to put the filter, basket, and carafe in the dishwasher for proper cleaning.
It’s also worth mentioning that the plastic parts are BPA-free, which is great for your health in the long term.
- It provides great quality coffee in a convenient manner
- Plug & play services
- A simple way of getting an excellent cup of coffee
- Caution is advised regarding the machine’s boiler system since issues with rust and leakage have been reported
13. 8-Cup Drip
- Generous 8-cup coffee maker, great for families and groups
- The machine can be programmed so that it prepares coffee at the right hour
- It features a built-in warming plate and glass carafe
- An auto-shut off feature is available
- The filter is reusable, and the filter basket is removable for easy cleaning
While this coffee maker may be taller than others presented in this list, it has instead a sleek design that allows it to fit nicely into tighter spaces.
However, it’s not that great to put it where there are cabinets above.
The machine can produce a good amount of steam when it brews, steam that will get to the furniture.
Also, it may be tricky to fill the machine with water and coffee if there’s too little space between it and the cabinets above.
Other than this, it is an easy-to-use coffee maker that provides good quality coffee.
- The sleek design is great for tight places
- Easy cleaning process
- Doesn’t require too much coffee to prepare a good cup of coffee
- Can be rather noisy toward the end of the brewing session
People Also Ask For
Is it Possible To Find an Auto-Shutoff Feature in All Coffee Makers?
While most modern coffee makers might have such a feature, it is not guaranteed that all machines will turn off on their own once they’re done brewing the coffee.
In case you’re looking for such a feature, checking out the machine’s specifications is useful in this direction.
An auto-shut-off feature will remove all doubts regarding the status of the coffee maker once you leave home, giving you some peace of mind.
Is it Advisable To Turn off a Coffee Maker?
Ideally, coffee makers that are not in use should be turned off. This will prevent premature wear and tear of the machine’s part due to heat and will save the machine from being damaged by electricity fluctuations.
If a coffee maker doesn’t have an auto-shut-off feature, it should be turned off manually by pressing the on/off button once coffee brewing is done.
What Happens If I Forget To Shut off My Coffee Maker?
If the coffee maker stays on for a couple of hours, even a whole day, nothing significant will happen to it.
However, because the machine heats up while functioning, the plastic will degrade in time if the machine is left functioning all the time.
Coffee makers made out of cheaper plastic will show signs of damage faster than the rest.
This is why it is worth remembering to turn off the machine or have one with an auto-shut off feature.
Is a 5-Cup Coffee Maker Enough For a Family?
A 5-cup coffee maker usually prepares about 25 oz. of hot coffee.
Depending on how much coffee each family member usually drinks, such a machine should be enough to suit the needs of two adults.
In case there are more adults in the household, several batches of coffee will need to be prepared throughout the day or in the morning.
The best 5-cup coffee maker with automatic shut-off is the coffee maker that will brew sufficient coffee for two adults.
As well, the coffee will be sufficiently hot and will have great taste. Easy maintenance and cleaning are also great advantages, and so is the possibility to program the machine.
This way, freshly made coffee is served in the morning with zero effort, right when you wake up. These are the best features of a coffee maker that does its job well.